I was excited to get the opportunity to review author and designer Perry Elisabeth’s latest project: the Write Mind Planner.
Like any self-respecting writer, just that first glimpse of customizable covers, organizable pages and sections, and a host of removable “modules” had my mouth watering. (Honestly, the hardest part was deciding what I wanted.)
It was one of those love-at-first-sight things, and I’ve only fallen in love with it more as I’ve used it.
My New Favorite Writing Journal: The WriteMind Planner
My writing process is roughly divided into two categories: the outline, which I write by hand in a notebook; and the first draft, which I write on the computer.
I used to write the first draft in Microsoft Word until über-writing software Scrivener came along and forever changed my life with its insane organizational features. It’s only drawback? It, of course, offers no similar organizational compatibility with my outlining notebook.
Then Perry’s Write MindPlanner entered my life.
The best way I can describe it is to say it is “Scrivener in a notebook.”
I’ve always felt the folks at Scrivener must have looked into my head, figured out how my writing process works, and then created a program just for my needs. Now, I’m beginning to wonder if my brain is an open book, because that is exactly what Perry has done in creating a writing journal that is perfect for my outlining process.
Because I’m currently in the process of outlining my portal fantasy sequel Dreambreaker, I was able to dive right in and start using my WriteMind Planner right away.
And there’s so much more than just this: setting and scene pages, places for sketch pages, scene index cards, and sticky notes.
So my review? Love it, love it, love it. If you’re a note-taker, outliner, and a lover of writing journals, the WriteMind Planner is the most complete and useful writing journal I’ve ever found. I will enjoy using it to beautify and organize my outlines for many years to come. Thank you, Perry!
About the Write Mind Planner
Offering the flexibility of a three-ring binder, but the stylish and compact look of spiral binding, this disc-bound planner will save your sanity! Simply peel pages away from the discs, move them wherever they’re needed in the planner, and press them back in. Organize ideas for use at a later date, track word-count goals, keep tabs on your works in progress, and more!
What Is Included in the Basic Planner?
- 8 black binding discs for ultimate flexibility: Add, remove, and move modules and individual pages with ease.
- An artistic, cheerful cover page protected by transparent poly covers for durability. (Not reversible.)
- “Please Return To” page for when you accidentally leave your planner at the library or coffee shop. When you’ve added your name and number (or email address) to this page, any good Samaritan will be able to make arrangements to return your planner!
- 30 To-Do list slips: slim pages with plenty of lines and checkboxes.
- 30 Idea Worksheets for all those ideas that pop into your head and need to be jotted down for later. Options include: Story Idea Sheets, Scene Idea Sheets, Character Idea Sheets, and Setting Idea Sheets.
- Wordcount Tracking Calendars: Each month folds out so you have plenty of room to fill in your goals and daily word count. Track your weekly and monthly progress easily. Includes remaining months of 2016 plus all of 2017.
- The Ultimate Self-Publishing Checklist: to help you take your work-in-progress from draft to publication and beyond without forgetting any steps!
- Contacts section: so you’ll never lose the contact info for your editor, cover designer, beta readers, reviewers, etc.
- 50 sheets of lined paper: for note-taking, additional planning space, etc. Remember, because of the disc binding, you can move it to any section of the planner you’d like!
- 5 Tabs: your choice of decorative tabs to match your cover, or solid-colored tabs with fill-in-the-blank “In This Section” areas (select option from dropdown).
Additional modules sold separately. Inquire about custom modules by contacting the site.