Don’t forget: The site is likely to be either down or wonky this weekend, as we’re switching to the new server and design. I won’t be able to post on Friday and Sunday and perhaps not on Wednesday, but check back later next week for the unveiling of a brand-new Helping Writers Become Authors site!
In other news . . .
It’s official! I just tied off the last of the copyedits on Structuring Your Novel: Essential Keys to Writing an Outstanding Story. I won’t see it again until it’s all dressed up in its paperback tuxedo and digital ball gown on September 1, 2013. But I do have its finalized back cover blurb to share.
Why do some stories work and others don’t? The answer is structure. In this new guide from the author of the bestselling Outlining Your Novel, you will discover the universal underpinnings that guarantee powerful plot and character arcs. An understanding of proper story and scene structure will help you to not only perfectly time your story’s major events, but will also provide you with an unerring standard to use in evaluating your novel’s pacing and progression.
Structuring Your Novel will show you:
- How to determine the best methods for unleashing your unique and personal vision for your story.
- How to identify common structural weaknesses and flip them around into stunning strengths.
- How to eliminate saggy middles by discovering your “centerpiece.”
- Why you should NEVER include conflict on every page.
- How to discover the questions you don’t want readers asking about your plot—and then how to get them to ask the right questions.
Story structure has empowered countless bestselling and classic authors. Now it’s your turn!