The big day is here! Welcome to the official launch of Dreamlander.
I need your help to ensure the book has a successful launch week, so please join the party! I’m celebrating all this week with daily giveaways, culminating in our Grand Prize giveaway!
At the beginning of last month, I asked readers to vote on which of the following three prizes they would like me to offer. The response was great, and I’ve decided to go ahead and give the winner his choice of prizes.
Prize A: A 17th-century Italian rapier (much like the one Chris uses in the book). Value: $285
Prize B: A Kindle Fire. Value: $199
Prize C: Deluxe Fantasy Gift Box. Value: $163
- Black Velvet Renaissance Cloak
- Calligraphy Pen Set (includes quill pen with calligraphy nib, 5 extra calligraphy nibs, and ink pot with 15 ml black ink)
- Handmade Dragon Bookmark
- Anatomy of the Castle Coffee Table Book by John Gibson
- Sword Pendant Necklace (the sword actually comes out of the sheath!)
- Delusional Unicorn Magnet
- Truffettes de France All Natural French Truffles Dusted with Cocoa Powder (2.2 lbs)
Bonus—Hourly Prize Today Only: Behold the Dawn E-Book (Mobi, Epub, or PDF). Value: $3.99.
From 6 AM to 11 PM, I’ll be drawing a winner every hour for the digital version of my medieval epic Behold the Dawn. Winning this prize does not exclude you from the Grand Prize drawing on Friday, but the sooner you enter this one, the better your chances of winning! Check back throughout the day to discover hourly winners, listed below:
6 AM: Grigory Ryzakov
7 AM: Joanna Coleman
8 AM: Dominic Brasted
9 AM: Kris Cramer
10 AM: Patricia Moussatche
11 AM: Caryn M. Block
12 PM: Richard Weatherly
1 PM: Candy Newby
2 PM: Stephanie Coleman
3 PM: Steve Tuffill
4 PM: Andy Poole
5 PM: Rebecca Russell
6 PM: Chris Olinger
7 PM: Danny Tew
8 PM: Shary Hover
9 PM: Tasha Turner
10 PM: Lin Barrett
11 PM: Rodney J. Rodriguez
The contest will run all week, and you can do several things to earn contest points and increase your chances of winning. For every contest point earned, your name will be entered once more into the pool (e.g., if you’ve earned 18 points, you have 18 chances of winning).
You can win points by:
1. Buying a book early in the week. I’m trying to create a surge of sales to boost the book in Amazon’s ratings, so I’d like to encourage people to purchase as soon as possible. Plus, for this week only, the Kindle and Nook versions are priced at just $.99. Email me copy of your sales receipt from Amazon or Barnes & Noble to km.weiland [at] ymail [dot] com.
Buy a book on Sunday = 10 points
Buy a book on Monday = 9 points
Buy a book on Tuesday = 8 points
Buy a book on Wednesday = 7 points
Buy a book on Thursday = 6 points
2. Be Santa’s helper and buy more than one book! You get ten extra points for each additional book you buy.
Buy additional books = 10 extra points per book
3. Tweet the following message each day of the week. Duplicate posts per day will be counted as one post.
Tweet about the book = 1 point per day, possible 5 points over the course of the week.
4. Share this post on Facebook. Be sure to tag me (@K.M. Weiland), so I can find and count your posts. You’ll need to “like” my page in order to tag me. Duplicate posts per day will be counted as one post.
Share on Facebook = 1 point per day, possible 5 points over the course of the week.
5. Post a picture of the book after purchase. See “Photo Contest” below for more details, as well as info on the bonus contest for $40 in gift certificates.
Post a picture = 5 points
Winners will be announced Friday, December 7th.
Another fun thing I’m doing with this launch is a photo contest. After you’ve purchased your copy of Dreamlander (paperback or digital), snap a creative photo of the book (or your e-reader with the book’s cover displayed on the screen) and post it to either Pinterest or Facebook. Be sure to tag me @K.M. Weiland, so I can find and acknowledge your entry.
At the end of the month (plenty of time for those of you who prefer hard copies to order and receive the book), I will be selecting the most creative photo and awarding the winner a $40 gift card bundle, featuring certificates from Amazon, iTunes, Starbucks, and What the Dickens?.
Good luck to everyone in the drawing, have fun, and thank you for helping me celebrate the launch of Dreamlander!